- About Us
- Find An Activity
(03) 9088 7207
3 Aquatic Drive3206 Albert Park , VIC
Metro - Southern
Sailing is a sport where anyone can participate! The Sailability program offers an additional level of support, an established network of volunteers, and equipment to assist people of all abilities to Discover Sailing. It is an international program first introduced in to Australia in the 1990’s, which has grown to be available in every state.
Sailing is an inclusive sport thanks to:
- Variety of boat types and designs including Hansas that are accessible to all abilities.
- Qualified instructors are able to adapt their teaching methods to suit individuals of all abilities.
- Equipment to assist those with limited mobility to get in and out of boats.
- Accessible docking areas
- Affordable options to participate
- Events for people of all abilities to participate
- The Sailing Pathway for people of all abilities to progress through
At the Boatshed we strive to offer an affordable price for individuals and groups to get on the water. We are constantly looking to expand our volunteer network to help out with groups. If suitably qualified volunteers are unavailable, we utilise our paid instructors to run the sessions. This involves setting up boats, rescue boat driver, dock marshal, pack up and most importantly teaching participants how to sail.
At The Boatshed, we offer :
- Learn to sail courses with dates available at www.theboashed.net.au. Adapted equipment is available if required.
- Group sessions
- Group sessions for individuals (Fridays)
- Private bookings by appointment ($75/hr)
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheBoatshedsailingcenter/