Sport and Recreation Victoria is located in the Department of Health & Human Services.
Sport and Recreation Victoria maximises the economic and social benefits provided to all Victorians by the sport and recreation sector through:
- ensuring greater access and opportunities for participation in sport and recreation by all Victorians
- maintaining Victoria's reputation as Australia's leading state for sporting and major events
- improving the quality of community sport and recreation facilities
- strengthening the capacity of sport and recreation organisations
- continuing a robust evidence base for activities in the sport and active recreation system
- reinforcing the enriching role that sport and recreation plays in people's lives.
Sport and recreation plays an important part in the lives of individual Victorians and helps shape community identity. Sport and recreation opportunities provide settings for social interaction, sharing common interests and enhancing a sense of community.
The continued development of the sector relies on the collaborative efforts of individuals and organisations across the not-for-profit, private and government sectors. Such collaboration maximises the contribution of all players whether at grass roots or elite levels, and engages volunteers and professionals alike.
Reclink Australia is proud to be providing Access for All Abilities Play in Victoria in conjunction with our partners thanks to the support of the Victorian State Government.
Reclink Australia is a non profit organisation whose mission is to provide and promote sport and art programs for people experiencing disadvantage.
Established in Victoria in 1990, Reclink Australia operates nationally providing over 4,500 activities and 80,000 participation opportunities for disadvantaged Australians annually.
Our organisation values the importance of sport and arts programs in improving the health inequities of people experiencing disadvantage, which is supported through various research providers.
Vicsport is an independent, non-government member based organisation. Vicsport’s mission is to lead the sport, active recreation and associated health agenda into the future.