WhiSKHA Teen is a fun and interactive program for secondary school aged children (13-18 years) with additional supprot needs. Participation in the WhiSKHA Teen program provides teens with the opportunity to enjoy a variety of leisure acitivities, develop skills, interact socially and meet personal challenges.
Programmed activities remain flexible according to the needs, abilities and interests of the teens attending on the day. Incursions and excursions are offered as well as group swimming, gym, sensory activities and my choice activities.
Experienced and qualified staff supervise and care for the participants on a 1:1 basis based on the teens support needs. The program caters for a maximum of 12 teens at any time and runs for 2 weeks of every school holidays (3 weeks during the January holidays).
Participants wishing to enrol in the WhiSKHA Teen Program are required to meet the following selection criteria:
- Residents of the City of Whittlesea and/or
- The teen is currently attending secondary school and /or
- The teens carer currently works or studies in the City of Whittlesea
The following criteria must also be met:
- The teen has high support needs
- The teen holds a current health care card in their name
- The teen has experienced past or present difficulties/eligibility issues in accessing mainstream holiday programs
For further enquiries about our WhiSKHA Teen Program please contact our Disability Services Team on 9404 4811.