WhiSKHA Child is a fun and interactive program for primary school aged children with additional support needs. Participation with the WhiSKHA Child Program provides children the opportunity to enjoy and experience a variety of leisure activities, develop skills, interact socially and meet personal challenges.
Programmed activities remain flexible according to the needs, abilities and interest of children attending the day. Incursions and Excursions are offered as well as group swimming and sensory activities. Experienced and qualified staff supervise and care for participants on a 1:1 basis based on the childs support needs. The program caters for a maximum of 12 children at any time and runs for 2 weeks of every school holidays.
Participants wishing to enrol in the WhiSKHA Child Program are required to meet the following selection criteria:
- Residents of the City of Whittlesea and/or
- The child is currently attending primary school and/or
- The childs carer currently works or studies in the City of Whittlesea
The following selection criteria must also be met:
- The child has high support needs
- The child holds a current health care card in their name
- The child has experienced past or present difficulties/eligibility in accessing mainstream holiday programs.
For further enquiries about our WhiSKHA Child Program please contact our Disability Services Team on 9404 4811.