Trying to overcome the Winter blues? Start planning your summer, and a trip to the beach!
A variety of accessible wheelchairs are now available across the Mornington Peninsula for use by people with a disability in wheelchairs. The availability of these chairs will make it easier for people to explore the great outdoors. People using wheelchairs will be able to enjoy many of the stunning trails and beaches on the peninsula.
Accessible devices such as: Hippocampe, Sandcruiser, and All-terrain beach wheelchairs are able to travel over sandy and semi-rough tracks, traditionally inaccessible to people in a wheelchair.
Chairs can be booked free of charge. To book or for more information visit Mornington Peninsula Shire website or contact:
- Disabled Surfers Association on 0409 945 064
- Point Nepean National Park Information Centre on 5984 6014
- Rosebud Anglicare on 5986 9900
- Dromana Bay Lifesaving Club on 5981 4982
- Mornington OzChild on 5975 7644
- Mt Eliza Camp Manyung on 9788 1100
- Somers Coolart on 5931 4000