As restrictions ease and snowfalls continue, our DWA community anticipates the imminent opening of ski resorts. DWA’s operations will be limited in 2020 due to the Covid 19 pandemic. This update provides important information for members planning snowsports activities this winter.
Click here to learn all about DWA.
Click here to see the DWA programs in Victoria.
Some things will be different this season
- On snow operations will commence on Monday, 20 July.
- No equipment or clothing will be available for use, rental or loan.
- No volunteer Guides will be available unless they are your trained family members.
- DWA Resort Co-ordinator staff will guide under strict Covid Safe Workplans.
- Bookings open 3 July and must be made 14 days prior to visit.
- Services will be offered 3 days a week, in 3-hour sessions. Specific days will be advised shortly.
- A facilitation fee will be applied for each 3-hour session which will be advised soon.
- Members must arrange village transfers and transport requirements.
Lift Tickets & Lessons
- 50% concession on the regular full day lift pass price to Individual DWA Members (ie with a medically certified disability) on presentation of a valid DWA member card.
- Associate DWA members do not receive a concession unless they are an approved carer/companion with that noted on their member card or in their DWA Passport.
- DWA members receive a concession on selected private lessons conducted at all ASAA Snowsports Schools.
- DWA members should check the specific concession available at each resort.
Be Covid Safe!
- Please check pre-arrival requirements with respective resort before booking or travelling.
- You must pre-book your tickets online with resorts, and provide personal and vehicle details.
- You must not visit Resorts if you, or any member of your family have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Underlying medical conditions must be advised at time of booking with DWA. We strongly recommend you consult with your Doctor or medical specialist prior to booking.
- DWA recommends you download the COVIDSafe App
Need a place to stay?
- DWA Camps programs at Finskos (Jindabyne NSW) and Howmans Gap (Falls Creek VIC) remain suspended and will be reviewed with facility operators, following government advice.
- Finskos remains closed however you may register your interest in self-contained accessible accommodation at Jindabyne Sport and Recreation or on 13 13 02
- The universal access building at Howmans Gap (Falls Creek VIC) is available for a maximum of 20 people from Monday 22 June. Self-catering is required. Please contact Howmans Gap directly at email@example.com or on 03 5758 3680
- For information on rates and accommodation facilities please click here
More Information from DWA