Tennis Australia will be hosting a Wheelchair Come & Try Event in conjunction with the National Championships on Sunday, November 13th at the National Tennis Centre.
- For the first time ever, a wheelchair tennis tournament in Australia will be fielding all divisions (Men’s, Women’s, Quad, and Junior)!
- Winner of the Men’s Open Singles Final gets the Men’s Open wheelchair wildcard for AO 2017
- Rio Paralympic Gold medallist, Heath Davidson, will be competing in the Championships.
- The National Championships will be used as official training for the AO Ball Crew for AO 2017.
- Tennis Australia is working hard following the success of the sport at the Rio Paralympics to focus on development at the grassroots level which is evident with the growing junior division.
- Following the National Championships, there will be a junior division at the next two Australian tournaments on the UNIQLO ITF Wheelchair Tennis Tour, which Australia has not fielded in many years.
- Three players in the Women’s division are former or current members of the Australian Gliders National Women’s Wheelchair Basketball team.
Come & Try Wheelchair Tennis event:
When: Sunday, November 13th – 9:00-11:00am with a BBQ & watch the Men’s Final after.
Where: National Tennis Centre – Melbourne Park, Olympic Boulevard, Melbourne, 3001